Buildings Structural Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Structural Engineer to join Exeltech, a leading, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, in our Lacey or Seattle, WA office.
We are looking for a passionate and motivated engineer with an interest in structural buildings engineering.
- Perform analysis and design for structural aspects of projects (members, connections, foundations, etc) , and perform quality control of calculations and plan sheets.
- Develop engineering calculations and drawings
- Read, interpret, and produce complex plans
- Work closely with architects, contractors, and other team members
- Experience using structural analysis programs and design software
- As applicable, serve as a technical lead to review, assign work and/or check design calculations and quantities by junior engineers
- BS in Civil/Structural Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of structural design engineering experience
- Registered Civil Engineer in Washington State, Registered Structural Engineer in Washington State preferred
- Working knowledge of framing and building systems, including wood, steel, concrete and masonry
Exeltech is a leading, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm with offices in Seattle and Lacey, Washington and Portland, Oregon and offers the opportunity for career growth and the ability to work on a variety of projects. We are founded on the principles of employee appreciation, diversity and teamwork.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company sponsored 401(k) plan with company matching; paid health care including medical, dental, vision, prescription care, and life insurance; transit reimbursement; professional membership and continuing education support; flexible working hours, and performance bonus and profit sharing for all eligible employees.
Exeltech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our vibrant and growing firm visit our Web site at www.xltech.com. If you or someone you know is interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leah Jones, Human Resources Manager, at (360) 357-8289.