Civil Engineer (PE)
An exciting opportunity exists for a mid-level Civil Engineer to join our Lacey or Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR office of Exeltech Consulting, a leading, multi-discipline engineering firm. We are looking for a passionate and motivated engineer with an interest in civil and transportation projects.
- Opportunity to be directly involved and designing a wide variety of transportation projects including; roadway, sidewalk, stormwater and utilities for municipal, design/build, transit and port projects
- Preparation of conceptual layouts, final designs, PSE (plans, specifications, and estimates), supporting calculations, reports, and other project documents
- Perform quality control of calculations and plan sheets
- Coordinate civil designs with other disciplines such as structural, traffic, geotechnical, and survey
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of engineering principles
- As applicable, serve as a technical lead to review, assign work and/or check design calculations and quantities by junior engineers
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- 4 - 10 years of experience in related civil engineering that is eager to learn and grow
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer license preferred (or ability to obtain within 12 months)
- AutoCAD Civil3d preferred; Microstation or Inroads a plus
- Experience designing and modeling stormwater facilities and developing stormwater reports is a plus
- Motivation toward advancement and responsibility
- Strong oral and written communication skills, working well with others, both individually and as a design team member
Exeltech is an established & growing civil/structural engineering, environmental & construction management services consulting firm in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We are founded on the principles of employee appreciation, diversity and teamwork.
Exeltech offers the opportunity for career growth and ability to work on a variety of projects while performing a variety of design tasks.
Exeltech offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company sponsored 401(k) plan with company matching; paid health care including medical, dental, vision, prescription care, and life insurance; transit reimbursement; professional membership and continuing education support; flexible working hours, and performance bonus and profit sharing for all eligible employees.
Exeltech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our vibrant and growing firm visit our Web site at www.xltech.com. If you or someone you know is interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leah Jones, Human Resources Manager, at (360) 357-8289.