Civil / Structural Drafter
Exeltech Consulting, Inc. is looking for a Civil/Structural Drafter to join our team in our Portland, OR, Seattle, WA, or Lacey, WA office.
This position will support both our civil and structural transportation groups working on a wide variety of transportation projects including; bridges, roadway, sidewalk, stormwater and utilities for municipal, design/build, transit and port projects. We are seeking a person who can prepare construction plans, including grading, alignment, erosion control, drainage, sewer, water, profiles, and structural detail plans using AutoCAD.
- Work cooperatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop plan sets (organize layouts, develop details, plan views, etc.)
- Create, update and maintain engineering drawings and incorporate redlines and field markups into drawings
- Develop project base maps
- Develop quality products, using industry and client standards
- Communicate with clients and project teams via email and phone regularly throughout the design process
- Coordinate with project managers to ensure that multiple projects with simultaneous deadlines are completed on schedule (manage workloads and tasks for self and others)
- 1+ years’ experience using Microstation and InRoads in the transportation industry is preferred, but newly graduated students are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Experience using AutoCad and Civl3d is a plus
- Must be a team player, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with others and have strong organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and precision in work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Willingness and drive to learn
Exeltech is a leading, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm with offices in Seattle and Lacey, Washington and in Portland, Oregon and offers the opportunity for career growth and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company sponsored 401(k) plan with company matching; paid health care including medical, dental, vision, prescription care, and life insurance; transit reimbursement; professional membership and continuing education support; flexible working hours, and performance bonus and profit sharing for all eligible employees.
Exeltech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our vibrant and growing firm visit our Web site at www.xltech.com. If you or someone you know is interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Leah Jones, Human Resources Manager, at (360) 357-8289.