Civil Engineer / Designer
An exciting opportunity exists for a Civil Project Engineer / Designer to join Exeltech, a leading, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm, in our Lacey office. We are looking for a passionate and motivated engineer with an interest in civil and transportation projects.
- Opportunity to be directly involved and designing a wide variety of transportation projects including; roadway, sidewalk, stormwater and utilities for municipal, design/build, transit and port projects
- Preparation of construction plans, cost estimates, reports, and other project documents
- Perform quality control of calculations and plan sheets
- Coordinate civil designs with other disciplines such as structural, traffic, geotechnical, and survey
- Perform field activities such as observation of construction activities
- Perform the routine aspects of assignments requiring knowledge and application of engineering principles
- As applicable, serve as a technical lead to review, assign work and/or check design calculations and quantities by junior engineers
- 0 - 5 years of experience in related civil engineering that is eager to learn and grow
- BSCE required (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- EIT or PE License required (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Experience using Civli3d, Microstation, and Inroads a plus
Exeltech is an established & growing civil/structural engineering, environmental & construction management services consulting firm in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We are founded on the principles of employee appreciation, diversity and teamwork.
Exeltech offers the opportunity for career growth and ability to work on a variety of projects while performing a variety of design tasks.
Exeltech offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company sponsored 401(k) plan with company matching; paid health care including medical, dental, vision, prescription care, and life insurance; transit reimbursement; professional membership and continuing education support; flexible working hours, and performance bonus and profit sharing for all eligible employees.
Exeltech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our vibrant and growing firm visit our Web site at www.xltech.com. If you or someone you know is interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call Leah Jones, Human Resources Manager, at (360) 357-8289.