Project Engineer / Manager
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Civil or Structural Sr. Project Engineer / Manager to join Exeltech Consulting, Inc, a leading multi-discipline engineering firm in our Portland, OR office. We are looking for a passionate and motivated engineer with an interest in growing their career. Responsibilities will include working individually and as part of a team to actively and strategically seek project opportunities, coordinate and participate in meetings with clients and potential teaming partners, assemble full-service project teams, collaboratively develop project proposals, and manage transportation projects of various types and sizes.
- Opportunity to design and lead a wide variety of transportation projects including; roadway, bridge, stormwater, and other related projects for municipal, design/build, transit and port projects
- Prepare conceptual layouts, final designs, PSE (plans, specifications, and estimates), supporting calculations, reports, and other project documents
- Communicate and meet with Clients
- Prepare and control project scopes, budgets and schedules
- Market related services with local Clients
- As applicable, serve as a technical lead to review, assign work and/or check design calculations and quantities by junior engineers
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and abilities:
- 5+ years of experience in related engineering that is eager to grow
- Oregon Licensed civil or structural engineer
- Familiarity with AASHTO Design Standards or ODOT Design Standards, ODOT Standard Drawings and ODOT Standard Specifications
- Managed full-service consultant teams for ODOT, Oregon local agencies or other state DOT
- Strong oral and written communication skills, working well with others, both individually and as a design team member
- Strong professional relationships with potential clients and consultant teaming partners
Exeltech is a leading, multi-discipline engineering consulting firm with offices in Seattle and Lacey, Washington and Portland, Oregon and offers the opportunity for career growth and the ability to work on a variety of projects. We are founded on the principles of employee appreciation, diversity and teamwork.
We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; company sponsored 401(k) plan with company matching; paid health care including medical, dental, vision, prescription care, and life insurance; transit reimbursement; professional membership and continuing education support; flexible working hours, and performance bonus and profit sharing for all eligible employees.
Exeltech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, employ, train, compensate, transfer, and promote people without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about our vibrant and growing firm visit our Web site at www.xltech.com. If you or someone you know is interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or call Michelle Rhodes, Director of Finance and Administration, at (360) 357-8289.